Aug 11, 2009

Theories and Thoughts--Connecting the Dots

I sit and wonder. I ponder things and dream of days that haven't or may not come. What makes this day interesting is the current stream of thought. An interesting yet obvious fact of life. If I think about where I am today, where I was yesterday and where I might be tomorrow, I see an inevitable connection defined by a series of decisions (or lack thereof) I make. And when broken down even further, moment to moment decisions affect each other in an exponential fashion. All in all taking into account each moment of each day and how it will affect the next eliminates the danger in dreaming too much. Why fall into some lofty idea of the future, dread the past, or be sad in the present thinking of all of them when I can simply satisfy the conditions of this day. Isn't that hard enough?

By being productive this moment and achieving my immediate goals, I inevitably affect the next moment in my life. That affect will be a positive one because I made a positive decision the moment before. I have affected my past, present and future simultaneously. I won't worry about anything because worry isn't productive and it wastes time by any standards. I also won't be naive and believe I won't falter sometimes and do unproductive things but I will not dwell in them. I understand myself and what I want to do. If I don't understand, I will seek to understand through acknowledging my dreams and goals from moment to moment but not looking further than the moments I control (presumably not beyond the immediate future).

I will strive for peace and relaxation so that I don't have unnecessary baggage and I don't lose efficiency in my actions. I will generate positivity so that my future interactions with people are accounted for by my present contact with them. I will exist in eternity and live the first and last day of my life at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment